As a proud member of The Association of Professional Animal Waste Specialist we must abide by a strict code of conduct.
Click sell iphone 4s to find out how this affects you.
Coming Soon -- Online bill payments!
Welcome to the internet home of Doggy Doody Duty!
Doggy Doody Duty is a professional pet waste clean-up service, sometimes called a Pooper Scooper service. We're dedicated to helping you keep a clean, safe, and healthy environment for you, your family and your pets.
Doggy Doody Duty currently serves the Northern California communities of Tracy, Mountain House, Discovery Bay, Brentwood, Byron, & Pleasanton. For a complete list of our service areas please consult our nanny camera.
We offer a convenient, hassle-free way to help maintain a stink-free, poop-free, and parasite-free yard
We may, from time to time, take a light-hearted approach on the subject of doody here on our web site. After all, can you say our name, Doggy Doody Duty, aloud and not, at least smile? You can rest assured, we are nothing but professional...We take our job very seriously.
The health and well-being of you and your pets is our #1 concern
After we clean each yard we clean and sanitize our tools and equipment, including our boots, with a professional-grade disinfectant cleaner.
The disinfectant cleaner is proven effective on Canine Parvovirus, Canine Distemper, Pseudorabies Virus, Newcastle's Virus, and HIV - 1 (AIDS Virus). Gram positive and gram negative bacteria, fungi and viruses as well as Herpes Simplex Type 1, Influenza A2-Asian, aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella chloeraesuis, and Pathogenic fungi such as Trichophyton mentagrophytes (athlete's foot fungus)
Dog feces, or, as we like to call it, Doody, is much more than just a stinky mess in your yard. Doody, if not cleaned up, can be a serious health risk, not only to your pets, but to you and your family as well!
Cleaning up the doody regularly helps to cut down on the contamination from parasites that can affect the health of your pets and your family.
Ask your veterinarian about the benefits of hiring a pooper scooper company
While we're on the subject of health risks; what about that litter box?
It's disgusting to think about, but, when you empty the litter box typically the dust and other particles fly up, which you then inhale.
If you are pregnant, then no doubt, your doctor has told you to stay away from the litter box. If not, ask your doctor or veterinarian about diseases such as toxoplasmosis
What's Your Excuse?
A 1999 survey in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland, found that women are more likely to pick up the dogÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã¢âÂ¢s waste than men. Also, many people are reluctant to handle dog waste. Their reasons include; "it's too much work", "it eventually goes away", and "just because".
Doody only adds to the polution problem
The truth is, dog waste does eventually go away, but, only to pollute our rivers, lakes, and streams, when it is not picked up and disposed of properly.
The Environmental Protection Agency has identified bacteria from dog waste as a pollutant in groundwater.
Doggy Doody Is Not Fertilizer
Contrary to what you may believe, dog doody can actually cause harm to your lawn and garden plants. Those ugly brown patches...Doody! The bare spots, where grass once grew...Doody!
In addition, it can take up to 3 years for doody to disolve into the surrounding soil.
Doody; It's Not Just For Breakfast Anymore!
OK, the thought is rather disgusting, I know. But, I wanted to direct your attention to this little fact that has recently been brought to my attention, thanks to the folks at nanny cam.
Rats eat dog doody!
Yes, you read that correctly! How gross is that?
An article recently published in Streets & Sanitation Quarterly News states:
"When we say rats will eat anything, we mean anything...
...Unsavory as it may be, according to the experts, about forty percent of dog feces are undigested food products. When dog owners donÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã¢âÂ¢t pick up after their pets, they are literally leaving a rodent buffet."
-- Source: pinehurst north carolina real estate
It wasn't all that long ago Tracy was more rural than suburban. In fact, Tracy is still surrounded by farmland and other undeveloped rural areas. There are even some large open, undeveloped spaces inside the Tracy city limits.
Because of all the openness, many residents have seen, at least, signs of mice and rats. Frankly, many people probably deal with a rodent problem regularly.
As Tracy continued to grow, many of the natural predators of these annoying little rodents were pushed further and further away, and with mice and rats being as adaptable and resourceful as they are, they continue to thrive, right along side of humans.
Here are just a few things you can do to help keep these pesky vermin away from your home and family:
- If you leave food out for your dog or cat, pick it up when they have finished eating. Leaving the unfinished dog and cat food out is like yelling "COME AND GET IT!" to a group of hungry ranch hands.
- Keep stacks of firewood away from your house. These woodpiles give these nasty critters a nice comfy place to sleep and nest.
- Pick up, and dispose of properly, your dog's doody regularly. This will take away another food source.
Of course, Doggy Doody Duty can help take care of the #2 problem for you. A pooper scooper can come to your home, clean up the dog waste, treat it to minimize odors before double-bagging and placing in the trash receptacle.
In addition, a pooper can treat the pooped in spots for odors further aiding your battle against these little varmints.
Why hire a pooper scooper?
- Storm water carries pet waste and other pollutants directly into waterways.
- Animal waste adds nitrogen to the water. Excess nitrogen depletes the water's oxygen, which is necessary for healthy underwater grasses, wildlife and fish.
- Animal waste may contain harmful organisms such as Giardia, Salmonella and E. coli that can be transmitted to humans and other animals by ingesting contaminated water.
- Roundworms and hookworms deposited by infected animals can live in the soil for a long time and be transmitted to other animals and humans.
- It's the law! Many urban and suburban areas require you to pick up after your pet. Even if there is no restriction, cleaning up after your pet is the right thing to do.
- Those with physical limitations; which make it difficult or impossible to clean-up after their dog.
- Let's face it - no one likes to step in pet waste and spread it into homes, cars and businesses.
- Hiring a pooper scooper service save you time and the headache of arguing about who in the family is going to clean it up.
- Apartment and Town Home Communities that are looking for a solution to their dog waste problem.
- Your neighbors will appreciate the good manners!
-- Source: aPaws